Monday, August 16, 2010

Over the Hump

Well, we are officially over the hump. My weight loss has slowed a little, but like Tunu, I'm hoping it's because of my weight training and those dang leg lifts that always make my stomach feel amazing :)

I'm happy I'm doing this. I continue to see myself shrinking, which is very OK with me. The other thing I like is that it's helping my self-esteem. I know I still have a long way to go to get to my "ideal" weight, but I feel so much better now.

Things I do now that either I've never done before or haven't done for a long time: exercise on a regular basis, push myself beyond what I think are my limits when it comes to exercising, looking forward to exercising, entertaining the idea of running in 5K races, turning down sweets (well, most of the time), saying things like "I'm full", saving food "for tomorrow", buying kid's meals and small shakes (falls under that "most of the time above"), wearing clothes I haven't worn in years, putting more holes in my belt, having my pants fall down without a belt (I feel your pain, Brian). And, I hope this list keeps growing.

I am so proud of everyone in this group. I don't believe there are any of us that haven't made some type of change that's gonna stick with us for a long time. I know I have. The weight is going. For some, slower than others. Some had to lose more, some had to change more. But for all of us, I say congratulations for what you have done.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you! You are doing great!! Our group is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron - I love your list of things you don't any more or only do once in a while. We should all make that list as we try to do better. Mine would include drinking diet soda and eating dessert. It always helps to look at the progress you've made instead of how far you have to go. You're doing great! Janet Frank

    ReplyDelete